Saturday, November 9

Upcoming Challenge

Hello everyone! I have a challenge for you coming soon...

With the holidays fast approaching, and after finding out that I will receive a very generous and amazing prize of a sewing machine, I decided I want to give back. I originally wanted to make some small quilts for the local hospital's NICU, but I think I will donate them to their Children's Hospital and let them give the quilts to those who need them most. 

I dug through my stash and came up with a several fabrics that are just itching to be used in baby quilts or kids' quilts. Here are a few (Please excuse the dim lighting, it's getting dark in here!)



So I have a proposition for you...

Starting in December, I am going to quilt my little heart out. I invite you to think about a local hospital in your area, or somewhere else that you think would love and need your handmade quilts. If I can figure out Blogger (I'm new to this thing) I would love to let people link up. Suggestions are always appreciated! 

I know this is an incredibly busy time for everyone so I'm not expecting a huge turnout, but I'm going to do it anyways. If you want to join the fun, but also want to start NOW, please do! If you don't want to join, I still encourage everyone to do something kind for someone else this holiday season.

Thank you for considering the challenge!


8 comments:

  1. Here is a good place to donate but the quilt has to be certain colors: http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/2013/10/lala-salama-100-quilts-project/
    So sweet of you to want to give back! If the rest of the year wasn't already planned i would join your challenge. I am going to be participating in the challenge i linked but i won't be starting until the after the new year. Congrats again on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, that does look like a good one to donate to. I don't think I'll get to it this time, but I hope they get tons of quilts! Donating to the hospital was kind of a spur of the moment idea, but I will definitely be starting earlier next year! Thanks again, and have fun creating your donations!

      Delete
  2. Count me in! Thanks for the thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bag full of fabric set aside for this. I can't wait until I finish writing a couple papers so I can dig in!

      Delete
  3. Have you heard of Project Linus? I've been wanting to make a quilt to donate to them for forever:

    http://www.projectlinus.org/

    As for the linking up idea- I've used InLinz in the past. It isn't free, but it's probably the most popular linky tool for bloggers and one that most people are familiar with.

    Have you gotten your new machine yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about Project Linus, I like it! That's a great idea for donating quilts.
      I don't have the new machine yet, but I think it's on it's way... Yayy!! I can't wait! Now I just need a bigger apartment... Haha.
      Thanks for the linky idea, I'll check it out!

      Delete
    2. What do you think, in 2014 we make a few quilts for Project Linus? :)

      Delete
    3. I would absolutely love to do that! :) Count me in.

      Delete