Tuesday, November 5

BQF & More

Have you gone to the Bloggers' Quilt Festival yet? It's so great! I have lost count of how much time I've spent looking through the different categories and going to everyone's blogs. My entry is #85 in the baby quilt category, and I'm already plotting for the next festival!

There are some awesome prizes too, including a Baby Lock Melody sewing machine! What would I do with a new sewing machine? Well, I could certainly use it to finish these babies:

The Butterfly Quilt- They have been waiting patiently for antennas, batting, and some loving.



DWR- Still needs to be quilted. The top has been completely done for months now, I've just been avoiding it.. It will be done by the end of November, I promise!


And my Wish List? That is full of scrappy endeavors, a Valentine Quilt, and some ideas that have been rolling around in my mind for awhile including a quilt for my grandma. Here are some of my fabrics for it. Ignore the green, I've ruled it out. I'm adding neutrals and a slight hint of purple instead. It will probably end up being a birthday gift, I don't foresee finishing it by Christmas!


I currently have a Baby Lock Design Pro, not as many functions as the Melody but it has been great to work with. Mama J found it on sale after the local middle school was upgrading their machines. It was quite the step up from my cheap, plastic, mini machine I used for the Auburn Quilt!

Let's see.. What else would I do with a new sewing machine? Attempt more free-motion quilting, turn some of my sketches into quilts, and maybe someday make another DWR... Maybe.



6 comments:

  1. i love the rose printed fabric in the last pic...i am going to spend the rest of my day on this blog of yours, friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your big WIN!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too! Your quilt is stunning!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on winning the Baby Lock Machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to get quilting again!!

      Delete