Sunday, September 1

Chicks and Umbrellas

It was stormy yesterday so I finally finished the chicks and their umbrellas. I needed to practice sewing curves before attempting a Double Wedding Ring quilt, so this was born and became a side project for the last couple months. Its probably going to be tucked away in the closet until I need a quick gift. Sorry about the poor lighting in the pics...



I used leftovers again. Its nice to see them put to good use! I still had a few squares from a charm pack that I made a sewing machine cover with, and the rest was from my stash. I love the chicks!



And a peek at the back and binding...


Can you see the faces?

Now I just need to finish a few other projects... Too bad I can't control myself and keep starting new ones! I also realized I had a lot of leftover ingredients from the Get Well Soup, so I made a Soup Revamp with noodles and a little kick.


It feels good to use so many leftovers in one day. My fabric stash and fridge are a little happier now.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Chicks and Umbrellas! Very sweet! Nice curves, Brenna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to pull out the seam ripper after the first couple tries, but it finally worked! :)

      Delete